foxintwilight:

why hello there
I guess that I will be releasing some of the art pack content in Safe For Work version, as a sort of thank-you small bonus
I also wanted to assure you that I am already cooking up something new, so stay tuned~
To see the… original version go get your copy of saucy goodness here 
Did you get it already? Then how did you like it? :D Your opinions are extremely valuable and they’ll help me create future content

foxintwilight:

why hello there

I guess that I will be releasing some of the art pack content in Safe For Work version, as a sort of thank-you small bonus

I also wanted to assure you that I am already cooking up something new, so stay tuned~

To see the… original version go get your copy of saucy goodness here 

Did you get it already? Then how did you like it? :D Your opinions are extremely valuable and they’ll help me create future content

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info
haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info
haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info
haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info
haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info
haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info
haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:


Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.
Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.
Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.
Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.
Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.
Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.
Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.
And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.


You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.
Nice one.
"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.
The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.
This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.
Shame, that…
> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”
Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.
> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”
Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.
> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!
Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.
> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.
I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.
What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.
Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.
Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)
What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.
I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*
Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.
I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.
I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?
> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”
Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”
Charming!
> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”
No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.
I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.
> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”
Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.
> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”
Leave? And go where? This is my post!
> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”
I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.
> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”
There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.
Also,
 
Zoom Info

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

haruspis:

jagwulf:

Halo 2 Anniversary - Delta Halo

Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.

It’s funny because 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe in the last 4-5 years than Bungie managed in almost 10.

Bungie still made a better game. Quality over quantity any day.

That’s strange, I don’t seem to remember mentioning anything about quantity. I said that 343 has done more for Halo’s story, characters and universe. So yes, I am quality here.

Saying “done more” is quantity, learn terms correctly please. Take your 343 garbage somewhere else.

Done more, as in they have provided a greater wealth of thematic and emotional resonance for the series in one title than Bungie managed in 5.

Done more, as in they have explored more of the lore of the series surrounding the Forerunners and the origins of major aspects of the universe in 3 books than Bungie did in all of their media.

Done more, as in actually providing a solid character base for the Master Chief that is consistent with his portrayal in the novels and develops him in a way that was deemed practically inconceivable by Bungie throughout Halo CE-3.

Done more, as in connecting every piece of fiction as part of a cohesive narrative spanning the Reclaimer Saga, as opposed to having a number of random and inconsequential stories.

Done more, as in not having a series of absolutely ludicrous, narrative-breaking plot holes.

Done more, as in not dumbing the story down by removing the Arbiter as a secondary protagonist and refusing to give the player Hunter/Grunt allies (despite the Hunters and Grunts siding with the Sangheili during the Great Schism in Halo 2) because Bungie thought it would “confuse” players.

Done more, as in not retconning a shit-ton of lore to forcibly contrive a game, but working to interweave their games with the exterior fiction.

And no, I certainly won’t be taking my “343 garbage” anywhere. I’ll be keeping it right where it belongs - wherever I want to post it. Don’t like it? Go ahead and fucking blacklist me so you don’t see my posts. You were the one who came to this post to hijack it with 343 hate, and you have the audacity to tell me that I’m in the wrong because I don’t share your opinion.

You were the one who decided to repost to my comment. Next time don’t. And to prove my point further you still say how much they’ve done, but to me it’s all garbage. After fighting with the Arbiter and making him an ally does not dumb down the story, for fucking sake do you ever give up? I hate 343 with a passion and I always will. Halo 4 and so on is and always will be shit because of its lazy campaign and almost no story. Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy. HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON! BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS! IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DON’T CARE IF THEY MADE MORE FUCKING MOVIES, BOOKS, OR CHARACTERS, PLUS THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE ONLY ABOUT THE RING AND RARELY EVER ABOUT THE RING AND CHIEF. NO MATTER WHAT, HALO WAS TURNED INTO AN OVERLOOKED PILE OF SHIT THANKS TO 343.

So you literally just admitted your own bias and complete immovability on this topic, so this is literally an admission that you’re purposefully jacking this post to be a dick.

Nice one.

"Lazy campaign and almost no story", yet it’s literally the Halo game with the most amount of story in the series.

The campaign cutscenes overall add up to an hour long, and then you’ve got Spartan Ops which likewise adds up to over 50 minutes in length. In terms of cutscenes alone, the game has 2 hours worth of story content. Then you factor in the Terminals, that’s an extra 20 minutes or so, and then you’ve got the in-game dialogue and meta-fiction that comes from interactive objects in the environment - the Eld glyph, the Infinity logs, the Mammoth logs, the Ivanoff artefacts from Installation 03, and all the other environmental storytelling elements as well.

This is not a case of opinion, Halo 4 offers the most story content of all of the games. I’m going to be extremely generous and give you a 50,000 word long series of essays deconstructing that for you to read at your own discretion - though I suspect you’ll cast it off as mere 343-defending bullshit given how maturely you’ve responded to this debate.

Shame, that…

> “Who the fuck cares if an AI goes crazy.”

Oh, I thought there was no story in the campaign? This looks like a case of you not liking the story, and somehow getting it into your head that this magically = no story at all.

> “HEY I KNOW!!! LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN WHOSE ONLY FUCKING GOAL IS TO PRESS ONE BUTTON AFTER ANOTHER! FUCKING BRILLIANT! OH LET’S ALSO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FORRUNNER LEADER JUST SO IN THE END YOU CAN SLAP A GRENADE ON HIS CHEST AND PRESS ANOTHER FUCKING BUTTON!”

Um, this is a “criticism” of game design (I use the word criticism lightly because you have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon), it has absolutely nothing to do with story. You have yet to make a point that supports your claim that Halo 4 has no story.

> BUT WAIT, LET’S MAKE A CAMPAIGN ABOUT AN ENEMY WHO WAS ALMOST NEVER HEARD OF IN THE HALO CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT MAKES FUCKING SENSE! FUCKING GENIUS I SAY! FUCKING GENIUS!

Yeah, because the Didact simply wasn’t relevant in the previous games… The main threat in CE-3 is the Covenant and the Flood, but throughout Halo CE we have Guilty Spark refer to John as if he’s a Forerunner he once knew, and in Halo 3 we learn that this is the IsoDidact through the Terminals in the game. Halo 3 literally ends (please note that my repetition of the word “literally” is not due to a lack of vocabulary on my part, but your very loose grip on reality) with Mendicant Bias telling John that he’s going to send him to the Forerunners as the instrument of his atonement. The Ur-Didact certainly wasn’t relevant in the context of Halo CE-3, but he becomes a relevant part of the larger, overarching story that Halo CE ad 3 majorly hint towards.

> IF THE FORRUNNERS WERE IN THE BOOKS THEN KEEP THEM IN THE FUCKING BOOKS. THEY HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE GAME NEITHER DO THEY NEED TO BE IN A CHEAP SHIT FUCKING STORY LINE.

I don’t think we’ve been playing the same series. The Forerunners are literally (look… look at what you’re making me do with this word) the reason for just about everything that happens in Halo’s story.

What led to the creation of the Flood? The Forerunner genocide against the Precursors.

Why are the Covenant at war with humanity? Truth, Regret and Mercy learn from Mendicant Bias that humanity are the true inheritors of the Forerunner empire, not the Covenant.

Where do we spend the majority of our time in every single Halo game? Forerunner constructs. (Yes, even ODST serves as the build-up to the discovery of the Ark’s portal on Earth, and Reach was a planet that was inhabited by the Forerunners who left behind a number of major artefacts.)

What does just about every plot twist/device in the series involve? Forerunners.

I could go on all day here. Allow me to su this up in one picture for you.

I’d say that the rest of your post was incoherent drivel, but the truth is that just about everything you’ve said fits that description rather perfectly. This literally (again!) is a case of you not knowing shit about the story and complaining about it. You are objectively wrong in so many regards here…

Re-read please. And I’m sure spoons can’t talk smart ass.

*doubles over in hysterics*

Well done, you (once again) missed the point in the most beautiful way possible.

I’d hate for you to be left out on the joke, so allow me to explain. “You have the linguistic elegance of a fucking spoon,” is what I said, and you affirmed that spoons cannot talk - hence, you lack linguistic elegance because spoons do not have any.

I can’t believe that I had to actually explain this. One of us certainly does need to give these posts a reread, and it’s definitely not me.

I understand what it means, and yet you feel the need to think I don’t know what the term means? By saying they can’t talk means they are not able to preform any kind of communication or have any brain of sort to do so. I know what you meant and is that all you really have to say? Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself to even express your own joke. I like you people, fact fact fact, go read a fucking textbook. If you want me to be grammatically incorrect completely I can talk like someone without an education, but you knowing all I don’t need to because you don’t need it. If you’re going to start shit in the first place and tell me my opinion isn’t valid then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all. I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion. I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now. Thank you.

You clearly didn’t know what it meant because you ended up proving my point… Is that all I have to say? Um… no, that was one snide little jab interweaved with a deconstruction of each of your “points” raised in your previous post. You are reading these responses, right?

> “Learn something else because all your textbook knowledge gives you no imagination or an opinion for yourself”

Um… this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Likewise, not only is this a rather profound judgement to pass against someone because you’re sour that you’ve been called out on being wrong, but I would like to defend myself here and say that it really does take some measure of imagination to write a 50,000 word long analysis of a story. That’s agreeable, right? That makes sense in some logical way. You don’t analyse things without imagination, otherwise you end up spewing the kind of horsecock that you’ve been coming out with like: “THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE 343 FAILURE OF A FUCKING EFFORT AND WOULD YOU PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.”

Charming!

> “If you’re going to start shit in the first place”

No no, you started this. Remember? This started out as me simply posting a couple of screenshots, then you came along and posted “Bungie still raining supreme in the Halo universe. Get out 343.” which completely hijacked the post.

I know you have a habit of just looking at things the way you want to see them, but this is one delusion too far. You started this.

> “and tell me my opinion isn’t valid”

Whoa, at no point did I say this, don’t start putting words in my mouth. I have said that things you have raised are not a mater of opinion, that they are objectively wrong - like your notion that the Forerunners have absolutely no relevance to the games.

> “then please leave because you’re not helping the situation at all.”

Leave? And go where? This is my post!

> “I reblogged this first so you had no right to deny me of my opinion.”

I’m not denying you of an opinion at all. I’m calling you out on your text-based twattery which involved hijacking a post of mine with hate. I am not the one in the wrong here.

> “I will not be responding to anything you say or reblog any longer because you are more than I problem than I want to deal with right now.”

There’s a logical fallacy in there somewhere… But yes, off with you! I can’t say that I particularly wanted you hijacking this post in the first place, and your company for this evening has been less than pleasant!

Great screenshots, the honor guards look amazing. Just like 10 years ago, I still want their armor in multiplayer.

Also,